DON’T FORGET TO “LIKE” [CONFESSIONS OF A WISCONSIN HOUSEWIFE ON FACEBOOK]! Once there is 100 followers, there will be a giveaway to one lucky fan!
so, my readers, i will be keeping you up to date with my baking and decorating adventures.
today, i’m in “housewife” mode and have laundry, cleaning and baking to do. So, I thought I would let you in on a fun recipes that I’ve mixed up for a surprise for the kids tomorrow. these are cookie pops!
now, here’s the step by step recipe!
1. start by preheating your oven to 350. Mix up your favorite sugar cookie recipe. if you don’t have one, [try this one].
2. roll dough into tablespoon sized balls.
3. insert a popsicle stick [I think they are sturdier than candy sticks for these cookies, but you are welcome to try them!] into the center of the dough ball.
4. with two fingers, press the dough until it is about 2″ in diameter and flat and place on baking sheet. 8 pops will fit on each. bake 10-12 minutes. IMPORTANT: LET THE COOKIES COOL FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES before removing them from the baking sheet, or you will pull the sticks right out!
5. after cooling 5 minutes, remove pops and place on wax paper. continue the baking process until you are out of dough. then the fun part starts! decorate your heart out! I had fun practicing my stars and writing!
Of course, I do not have all day to decorate cookies, so the rest of them I frosted and sprinkled! Have fun in your creativity. Link up your cookie pops to inspire everyone!